Thursday, July 4, 2013

3.3 Using Web 2.0 Tools Reflection

This has been my favorite section of LEC!  I love Web 2.0 tools and see so many applications in the classroom.  It was really hard for me to pick just one tool to share.  I believe the best part of the Web 2.0 library is that you have such variety in not only use but also cost.  For the most part I think you can find a tool for free that will accomplish what you would have paid for years ago. FREE is the magic word for teachers especially if they find it easy to use.

Where I struggle is implementation.  Since I am not in a classroom and view the process from the outside I want to make sure that teachers are supported in implementation.  This is where I believe the system needs to do a better job.  Where is the on the ground support for teachers to implement these tools to improve student learning, allow for collaboration, embrace student creativity and change the classroom to engage more students?  Are there teachers out there doing it without support, of course!  However, if we are to truly change the dynamic of the classroom we have to support all teachers, if not Web 2.0 tools will just be a tool on a shelf, an idea in a notebook, a "I'll understand that someday"and not what it could be to engage students.

It is my goal as a professional developer to get all these tools in the hands of teachers with the support to implement them.  Imagine what the classrooms will look like and the learning that will take place.  How exciting!!


No comments:

Post a Comment